Babar Azam’s net worth is estimated to be around $6 million (INR 50 crore) in 2023. He is one of the highest-paid cricketers in Pakistan and earns a significant amount of money from his PCB contract, PSL salary, and brand endorsements.
Also Read: Virat Kohli Net Worth in 2023
|Full name||Babar Azam|
|Date of birth||October 15, 1994|
|Net Worth of Babar Azam||$6 million (180 crore Pakistan in rupees).|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (175 cm)|
|Current teams||Pakistan national team, Karachi Kings (PSL)|
Babar Azam list of Records 1. ICC No. 1 ranked batsman in ODIs (2021-present) 2. ICC No. 2 ranked batsman in Tests (2023-present) 3. ICC No. 4 ranked batsman in T20Is (2023-present) 4. Most T20I runs in a calendar year (2021) 5. Fastest batsman to reach 1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, and 8000 runs in ODIs 6. Led Pakistan to their first-ever T20I World cup victory against India (2022)
Babar Azam Cricket Career
Babar Azam Source of Income
|PCB contract salary||$1.25 million|
|Brand endorsements||$2 million|
Babar Azam is currently in the ‘A’ category of the PCB’s central contracts list, which earns him a monthly salary of $1.25 million (approximately INR 100 lakhs).
- PCB contract salary: Babar Azam is currently in the ‘A’ category of the PCB’s central contracts list, which earns him a monthly salary of 1.25 million Pakistani Rupees (approximately INR 4.44 lakhs) in 2023.
- PSL salary: Babar Azam is the captain of the Karachi Kings in the Pakistan Super League (PSL). He earns around Rs 20 lakh per season.
- Brand endorsements: Babar Azam is the brand ambassador for several popular brands in Pakistan, including Pepsi, Honda, and Bata. He earns around $2 million per year from brand endorsements. Which is the biggest add-up to Babar Azam’s net worth.
Babar Azam Assets
- A luxurious house in Lahore, Pakistan: Babar Owens has a luxury villa in one of the poshest areas of Lahore where he lives with his family The house is said to be worth over 10 crores Pakistani rupees.
- A fleet of luxury cars: Babar Azam owns several luxury cars, including a Mercedes-Benz S-Class, a BMW 7 Series, and a Porsche Cayenne.
- Investments in businesses: Babar Azam has invested in several businesses and multiple multinational companies including a real estate company and a clothing line.
Babar Azam Success Story
In the world of cricket, certain names shine brighter than the rest. Today, we’re going to delve into the incredible journey of Babar Azam, Pakistan’s cricketing sensation. Babar Azam has not only made a name for himself but has also managed to surpass cricketing giants like Virat Kohli to claim the number-one spot in the ICC rankings. This article will take you through his life, career, achievements, and the lifestyle of this remarkable athlete.
Early Life and Background
Babar Azam, whose full name is Mohammad Babar Azam, was born on October 15, 1994, in Lahore, Pakistan, into a Punjabi family. He has now turned 27 years old by the year 2021. Babar Azam’s journey into cricket began at a young age, inspired by the likes of Kamran Akmal. He commenced his training at the Ghazabi Stadium under the guidance of coach Naushad Akram.
The Early Cricketing Career
Babar Azam’s path to success began with domestic cricket, initially playing for Islamabad Leopards and engaging in first-class cricket for the Pakistan cricket team as well as the Sui Southern Gas Company cricket team. In the year 2015, he made his ODI debut for Pakistan against Zimbabwe, making an immediate impact with a brilliant 60 runs off 54 balls. His exceptional performance secured him a spot in both the test and ODI formats, where he faced Sri Lanka.
In January 2016, Babar Azam played his first ODI against New Zealand, scoring an impressive 64 runs off 75 balls. In the same year, he made his T20 international debut against England.
Babar Azam’s Career Highlights
Babar Azam’s journey through cricket has been nothing short of extraordinary. He made his Test debut against the West Indies in 2016, and he was also selected to represent Pakistan in the Cricket World Cup in 2019. As of now, he has played 31 Test matches, 85 ODIs, and 50 T20 matches. His consistent and outstanding performance has made him a favorite among cricket enthusiasts around the world.
Babar Azam’s achievements in cricket are nothing short of remarkable. In 2018 and 2019, he was the leading run-scorer in Pakistan’s Test matches. He also claimed the title of the leading ODI run-scorer for Pakistan in 2016, 2017, and 2019. In 2017, he secured the second-highest T20 score in the world.
On April 7, 2021, Babar Azam achieved the number one position in the ICC ODI rankings, leaving behind all competition.
Family and Personal Life
Babar Azam’s family has deep cricketing roots. His father, Azam Siddique, has played a significant role in his cricketing journey. Babar Azam has a brother named Safir Azam and cousins Kamran Akmal, Umar Akmal, and Adnan Akmal, all of whom are cricketers. Interestingly, despite his fame, there is no public information about him having a girlfriend.
Babar Azam’s lifestyle reflects his success in the cricketing world. He resides in Lahore with his family, living in a splendid house. His car collection includes a Twitterland Cruiser, valued at 2 crore rupees, a Mercedes-Benz C-Class worth 1.5 crore rupees, and a Toyota Adoba priced at 1.7 crore rupees. As one of the highest-paid Pakistani cricketers, he earns a significant income. Playing a Test match can earn him 20 lakh rupees, an ODI match 12 lakh rupees, and a T20 match 8 lakh rupees. In the Pakistan Super League (PSL), he commands a massive fee of 2 crore rupees per season
Babar Azam Education Background
Babar Azam’s formal education ended in the 8th grade when he left school to focus on his cricket career. However, in 2023, he enrolled in the prestigious executive education program, Business of Entertainment, Media, and Sports (BEMS), at Harvard Business School in the US.
Virat Kohli vs Babar Azam net worth Comparison
|Babar Azam||$5 million||Pepsi, Huawei, Tissot, and more||$1 million|
|Virat Kohli||$110 million||Puma, Wrogn, MRF, and more||$25 million|
Virat Kohli is significantly wealthier than his Pakistani counterpart Babar Azam. This is due to several factors, including the larger market value and fanbase of the Indian cricket team, Kohli’s longer career and performance at top cricketing destinations like Australia and England, and his more lucrative brand endorsements globally.
Virat Kohli is one of the most marketable athletes in the world he has ties with some of the top sports companies and his brand endorsements are estimated to be worth around $15 million per year. Azam is also a valuable brand ambassador, but his negligible global influence doesn’t make his endorsements not as lucrative as Kohli’s.
Top Complements By Cricketers about Babar Azam
Babar Azam Criticism
- Slow strike rate: Babar Azam is a very technically sound batsman, but he is also known for his slow strike rate. This can be frustrating for fans, especially in T20 cricket.
- Lack of aggression: Babar Azam is not known for being an aggressive batsman. He prefers to play patiently and build his innings gradually. This can sometimes lead to him missing out on scoring opportunities.
- Captaincy record: Babar Azam has a mixed captaincy record. He has led Pakistan to some notable victories, but he has also lost some important matches. Some critics have questioned his ability to lead Pakistan to major trophies.
- Failures in knockouts: one of the top reasons for Babar Azam’s Criticism is that he had failed to perform at big stages. His constant failures to score runs have not only troubled his team but also made him a soft target for critics. His poor performance led to a decrease in brand value and lower brand value affected Babar Azam’s net Worth.
Babar Azam’s story is one of dedication, hard work, and immense talent. He has become a cricketing icon not only in Pakistan but around the globe. With his remarkable achievements and a lifestyle that reflects his success, Babar Azam has firmly established himself as one of the finest cricketers of our time.